|Register early for the conference and make your Marriott room reservations today.|
The 2017 VGEC Annual Conference travels to Atlanta, October 12-15, for good old "Southern Hospitality" graciously hosted by the Mark Emory Graham (MEG) Chapter of the VGEC and the congregations of the Diocese of Atlanta. The MEG chapter prepared the outstanding “Welcome to Atlanta” video inviting the VGEC to Atlanta. I encourage you to watch it by clicking here.
Use this link to register for the 2017 VGEC Annual Conference
use this link to book your hotel rooms
Please note: if you've not used our new online store before (Shopify), then you'll need to create a Shopify account at checkout before you complete your transaction. Creating an account is fast, free, and easy! This is separate from your membership.vergers.org account.
For everything you want to know about the 2017 VGEC Conference in Atlanta, read the comprehensive conference page on our website.
The Atlanta Marriott Marquis is our conference hotel.
265 Peachtree Center Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30303
• This hotel is the fourth largest hotel in the Marriott chain.
• We have guaranteed 200 rooms at $135.00 plus tax. The normal rate is close to $250.00.
• Hotel rooms at the $135.00 rate are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• The group rate is available one day pre-and post-event, subject to hotel availability.
• If we run out of rooms, or if someone wants to stay somewhere else, there are over 10,000 rooms within walking distance of the Marriott Marquis.
Online and phone reservations for the hotel will be accepted beginning today. A dedicated booking website has been created just for the VGEC Annual Conference so that you will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, and take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel. Again, to make your hotel reservations on line, click HERE,
If you wish to make your hotel reservations by telephone, use the following dedicated Group Reservations phone numbers to make sure you get the special block reservation rates.
Reservations Toll Free: 1-866-469-5475
Reservations Local Phone: 1-404-521-0000
Atlanta Marriott Marquis may not be able to accept reservation inquiries on certain non-group reservation phone numbers or through their normal 800 number reservation lines, so use the numbers denoted above.
Ten Top Reasons to be at this year's conference:
- You'll be spending a day with the Most Reverend Michael B. Curry, Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church, in service, worship and in grand conversation as our keynote speaker.
- You'll be worshiping, in community, at churches throughout the city.
- You'll meet the Bishops of Atlanta.
- You will be part of a service project in support of Crossroads Community Ministries for the unhoused.
- Unbelievably low conference hotel rate.
- We're expecting a record turnout of vergers from around the world.
- Did we mention that traveling to Atlanta is EASY? Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International is generally known as the world's busiest airport, serving more than 260,000 passengers daily and 950,119 flights each year. Delta Air Lines flew 75.4% of the airport's passengers in February 2016, Southwest flew 9.2%, and American Airlines flew 2.5%.
- You will really like what is planned for the official Reception and Banquet events.
- The VGEC store, along with a stellar group of vendors/sources will be open for your dedicated browsing.
- Nearby attractions include the Centennial Olympic Park, College Football Hall of Fame, Georgia Aquarium, MLK National Historic Site, National Center for Civil and Human Rights, and the World of Coca-Cola.
Join us in Atlanta for one of the very best VGEC Annual conferences ever!
Click the big red button to register for the 2017 Annual Conference opening on October 12th and running through noon on the 15th, in Atlanta, Georgia. The conference is the most popular and anticipated VGEC activity every year - please join us!