|Board Member election at VGEC General Membership Meeting during 25th Annual Conference in Nashville|
Last year, at our Nashville conference, the membership approved a change to the bylaws to closely align the structure of the guild's board to that of a parish vestry. This provides for all members of the board to be elected at-large and for the board to subsequently decide individual responsibilities and positions.
Each board member serves on one or more of the guild committees as chair or as a liaison to the board. When elected, a board member serves for 3 years and may be elected to serve not more than 2 consecutive terms.
General board qualifications and responsibilities
- Must be a member of the VGEC in good standing (a current membership).
- Computer skills: Email, Google Apps (gmail, Google Drive and Docs, etc.) or an interest in learning the latest technology.
- Virtual attendance at monthly/semi monthly online board meetings (using join.me and gotomeeting.com).
- Attendance at Annual Conferences.
- Attendance at mid-year board meeting, either online or in person.
- There is no monetary compensation for board activity participation. Expenses for conference, board meetings, etc, are the responsibility of each board member.
- Nominations are due to the nominations committee ([email protected]) no later than the 1st day of August 2014.
- All nominations must be seconded by another member of the VGEC.
- The nominee must consent to the nomination.
- You may nominate yourself but a second is required.
- Nominations must contain a publishable 2-3 paragraph biographical sketch.
- Nominees are expected to make a not-longer-than 2 minute presentation about themselves at the Annual Meeting either in person or online (not a video production).
- A nomination for the Board from the floor may be made by submitting the candidate’s name to the chair of the nominations committee no later than thirty minutes before the start of the meeting.
Submit your nomination(s) to the committee at: [email protected] by the August 1st. deadline.
Register for the 2014 Annual Conference being held September 25th through 28th in Burlington, Ontario by clicking on the big red button below. You'll have a great time and bring home a ton of memories that cannot be had any other way.
|Register online today and call 905.681.5400 for hotel reservations with VERG as the discount code!|
Abstract: The VGEC Nominating Committee asks for your nominations for three VGEC board positions to be filled during the Annual Conference General Membership Meeting in September. Read about the nomination process we'll follow to meet our August 1st nomination deadline.
Please send your story ideas, anecdotal notes on your verger experiences or fully developed stories about your own verger ministry to [email protected]. There are more than a thousand stories out there. We'd like to publish yours.